Winter finally arrived in South Africa with a bang and the best place to be is cuddled up before the fireplace, woolly socks and a cup of hot cocoa! But with Winter expect an onslaught on your skin that will make you wish you took a trip to the tropics! Brace yourself for dryness, itchiness, sensitivity and seriously dehydrated skin.
Besides soothing your skin with a top-notch skincare routine, here are some other tips to make sure your skin stays radiant with a healthy glow:
Control the temperature
If you are already suffering from skin sensitivity, rosacea, eczema or any other form of inflammation of the skin, change in temperature can aggravate the conditions. Even though cuddling up in front of the fireplace might be nice, your skin might not feel the same. Best is to keep your home temperature to a low or moderate temperature to avoid extra dryness in the air.
The dryer the air, the dryer your skin. If you are living in an area where the weather is cold, crisp and dry, it is advisable to make use of a humidifier to increase moisture levels in the air.
Change your diet
Increase your intake of healthy fatty foods such as avocados, nuts, olive oil and oily fish. Also, a glass of red wine sounds like a great way to warm up, try to limit the intake of alcohol and caffeine. Drink plenty of water.
Yungskin has an arsenal of dryness-fighting products to lock in moisture, keep the skin hydrated and ensure a healthy Winter’s glow.
Yungskin top Winter tricks to combat dry skin:
• Yungskin Exfoliator – you can apply the best creams in the world to dry skin, but dry skin will stay dry without regular gentle exfoliation. The Yungskin Exfoliator is a mild facial scrub that contains a natural exfoliant (Apricot Seed Power), combined with natural oils, to moisturise skin and eliminate dead cells, brightening the complexion and leaving the skin fresh and healthy looking.
• Yungskin Tissue Oil – Now this is a bathroom cabinet “must have”! Use it on your face, use it on your body, but just use it! The Yungskin Tissue Oil contains neroli oil with deeply restorative properties to improve skin softness, moisture levels and skin elasticity. It can be used to treat stretch marks, scars, dehydrated and uneven skin tone.
• Yungskin Night Cream – during Winter you need a more full-body moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated. The Yungskin Night Cream is a rich-bodies cream, containing the finest natural essential oils, moisturizing actives and collagen-building properties. The Yungskin Night Cream is designed to regenerate the skin with its natural anti-oxidising and skin brightening properties. This cream deeply hydrates the skin to combat dryness and to lock in moisture.
• Yungskin Hydrating Face Mask – a deeply nourishing and moisturising face mask that will ensure a smooth complexion and reduce pore size, whilst lifting out fine lines and wrinkles and increasing firmness and elasticity. The mask will leave your skin hydrated and supple whilst combating inflammation.
For more information on how Yungskin can transform your skin, contact our Skincare Specialist, Anzelle, on [email protected]
So many times, I would ask my clients to explain their skincare routine to me and I am shocked to find out how few people actually uses a toner. And then I ask them why they are not using a toners, most of the time they will say that they don’t really know what the purpose of toner is, unlike a face wash that cleans the skin and a moisturiser that moisturise the face.
Well, toners are just as important as any other product in your skincare routine!
Toners has a lot of functions to help keep your skin youthful looking and radiant.
- Washing your face alone does not always get rid off all the dirt, make-up and impurities. By using a toner, you can ensure your skin is squeaky clean.
- When you wash your face, you normally wash it with warm water. The heat will open your pores for the face wash to deeply penetrate the pore to clean it. Toner helps to close and contract the pores. If you don’t close your pores it becomes a gateway for free radicles and impurities to enter the skin and to cause things like breakouts, blackheads and premature ageing.
- Majority of facial cleaners has an alkaline pH, where the ideal skin pH should be around 5.5. This is where toners play such an important role. Toners rectify the skin’s pH to a slightly acidic which is necessary for healthy glowing skin and to fight of nasty bacteria and germs.
- Other benefits of toners are that they heal the skin, especially with acne prone skin, they hydrate and condition the skin, it calms irritated skin and provide an extra barrier against anti-oxidants.
Toner do’s and don’ts!
- Avoid alcohol-based toners at all cost. They will dry out the skin and will irritate sensitive skins.
- Don’t get confused between a toner and an astringent. Although astringent can be used on acne-prone skin, the long-term use of it will cause skin irritability and the overproduction of sebum.
- Avoid toners with high amounts of Salicylic Acid. This ingredient can play havoc on your skin’s pH and will cause redness, tightness, itchiness and stinging. High concentrations of Salicylic Acid will cause dryness and even mild chemical burns.
- Rather skip the synthetic fragrances and stick with the real thing. Synthetic fragrances can cause skin allergies and even headaches.
Yungskin Toner with a difference…
The Yungskin Toner contains natural vitamins and extracts to penetrate the skin and into the lymphatic system to increase cellular exchange and regeneration. The toning properties helps to close the pores to reduce the penetration of oxidants that cause premature ageing. It also helps to neutralize the skin’s pH and gentle conditions and hydrate the skin. The Yungskin Toner can be used on all skin types and will not leave the skin feeling overly tight or dry.
The natural geranium oil will not only keep the skin and muscle of the face firm and prevent sagging due to a loss of elasticity but will also effectively treat acne, dermatitis and other skin conditions. Grapefruit extract is a natural antioxidant rich in vitamin C that will help to balance sebum production and contains natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
Your morning and evening skincare routine can become quite a process if you have ‘zillions’ of products as part of your daily regime. It’s OK if you really have nothing better to do with your time, however, most of us want to take the hassle out of skincare, right? We want it quick, easy, simple and get great results!
This is exactly what Yungskin™ offers you. A skincare range as easy as 1 – 2 – 3, making your skincare routine fun again.
In most skincare ranges there are so many products to choose from one often has no idea where to start – we’re confronted with multiple options, creams for this, lotions for that and so the list goes on and on and on. And then you still need to consider your budget……….
Yungskin™ has literally rolled out a skincare range in a few easy steps to leave you with the skin you have always aspired to. All our products are infused with the quantum energy to revitalise your skin and assist with skin regeneration. Based on our Acupuncture principles, Yungskin™ will have a lifting and firming effect on the skin giving you a nourished, radiant and youthful appearance.
So here goes our easy step-by-step skincare regime:
Step 1 – Wash
Pump as small amount of Yungskin™ Face Wash on your hands and work up a lather. Gently apply to the skin in circular motions to remove dirt and impurities. The natural ingredients of grapefruit and geranium oil with deeply cleanse your skin without drying it out whilst preventing the loss of elasticity.
Step 2 – Exfoliate
Exfoliating your skin needs to be done 2 – 3 times per week. Squeeze a small amount of the exfoliator onto your damp hands and massage the face, neck and décolleté area in small circular movements. The finest grade apricot kernels in the Yungskin™ Exfoliator are rich in anti-oxidants to increase cellular regeneration.
Step 3 – Tone
Spray directly onto the skin or apply with a cotton round, the Yungskin™ Toner will close the pores to reduce the penetration of free radicals which cause premature ageing. The toner also refreshes and hydrates the skin.
Step 4 – Feed
Another unique Yungskin™ product is our oral supplement that feeds, nourishes and rejuvenates the skin from within. The Skin Food assists in combating the negative effect of stress on the skin and helps to calm the nervous system. 10 drops on the tongue or in a bit of water is all it takes! (Yungskin™ Food is not available in Edgars stores, online only)
Step 5 – Moisturise
Our Yungskin™ Creams and Tissue Oil will hydrate the skin, enhance brightness, increase youthful elasticity and firmness. Gently massage a small amount of cream to the face, neck and décolleté area to deeply nourish and hydrate the skin.
Step 6 – Sun Care
Lastly, to finish off your easy skincare routine is to apply a small amount to the face, neck and décolleté area. Our Sun Care SPF 40 is approved by CANSA and will protect your skin from harmful UV rays (which, by the way, you can also find indoors!)
A lengthy skincare routine with various serums, lotions and potions is not always the answer – think quality over quantity.
If you have any questions, join our Skincare Specialist, Anzelle Johnson-Brand, online for a complimentary skincare consultation. Anzelle is also an Acupuncturist specialising in Facial Enhancement Acupuncture and had heaps of tips and advice to ensure you love the skin you’re in.