Are you looking for solutions to dull-looking skin which is so prevalent during the cold winter months? And has lockdown stress affected your complexion? We’ve identified practical solutions to these dilemmas to help you restore radiant –looking skin.
5 Causes of dull skin and practical quick fix solutions
1. Sun Damage
Don’t think you can put away the sunscreen because it’s winter season. It is vitally important to guard your skin against harmful UV rays that are present all year-round and even filter through dark cloud coverage to reach your skin.
Do this: Applying a broad spectrum sun care product on your face and neck significantly reduces your risk of winter sun damage and protects against free radicals and artificial lights in the office environment
Tip: Yungskin SPF40 will moisturise, protect and repair. To repair existing sun damage, exfoliate and hydrate your skin regularly.
2. Not Exfoliating enough
Dead skin cells dull your complexion and under-exfoliation means that your skin care products aren’t penetrating your skin effectively.
Do this: By exfoliating regularly you uncover brighter, softer skin. Let exfoliation become a regular part of your skin care routine
Tip: For best results, exfoliate with Yungskin mild facial scrub Exfoliator 2-3 times a week for fresh and healthy – looking skin
3. Poor Hydration
Proper hydration brings life to dull skin – drinking enough water and applying a rich bodied moisturiser will make a huge difference. An important element of hydration is sealing moisture into the skin, harsh cleansers strip your skin of oils needed for sealing in moisture and washing your skin with too hot water affects hydration levels.
Do this: Drink plenty of water, apply a rich-bodied moisturiser morning and evening and apply a hydrating face mask at least once per week. And wash your face with tepid/luke-warm water
Tip: Yungskin Night Face Cream and Hydrating Face Mask are designed to deeply moisturise and regenerate the skin
4. Unhealthy Diet
An unhealthy diet full of sugar and fried/greasy foods is rife in free radicals. ‘You are what you eat’ and a poor, unbalanced diet will result in dull skin. Too much sugar is also known to break down collagen and elastin in the skin
Do this: Replace unhealthy food options with skin healthy foods that feature lower saturated fats and high fiber. Cut down on additional sugar intake.
Tip: Do this gradually – a slow and steady transition tends to be more sustainable for long-term change.
5. Lack of Sleep
Your body repairs itself while you sleep – so does your skin which forms new collagen and boosts blood flow when asleep. Too little sleep prevents your skin enough time to rejuvenate or to soak up your evening (moisturising) products.
Do this: Set up a consistent sleep schedule that fits your rhythm and gives you 7-8 hours sleep per night.
Tip: Try go to bed at the same time each night to make up the required hours of sleep to ensure radiant skin in the morning.
So in a nutshell – revitalizing dull skin takes a mixture of SPF protection, exfoliation, hydration healthy food and sufficient sleep. Following these steps will result in rosy cheeks and brighter complexion.
New Eye Serum
Following ongoing requests, we are excited to finally introduce the new Yungskin Eye Serum (10ml)
This multi-benefit and lightweight gel-based eye serum nourishes and soothes the skin while deeply moisturising the delicate eye area to keep the skin hydrated and balanced throughout the day.
The Eye Serum will assist to:
– increase firmness
– soothe fine lines and wrinkles
– reduce dark circles and puffiness
Perfect for an eye treatment where brightness and glow is everything.
Valentine’s Day Skin Care
The month of Love
Valentine’s Day is almost here and love is in the air. Now is the perfect time to get started on your skin care routine to make sure that you will look your absolute best during this special romantic day with your loved one.
(Gift tip: shower that special person, including yourself, with Yungskin™ skin care products)!
Show your skin some love
Who wouldn’t want to appear radiant on Valentine’s Day? An easy way to do just that is with a face mask after which your skin will look brighter with a healthy glow.
Benefits of applying good face mask products:
- Easy to apply, great at delivering results.
- Feeling of tightened and toned skin after a single use.
- Perfect skin care treatment to help with skin care concerns.
- Help hydrate the skin, remove excess oils and improve the appearance of pores.
Face masks can be applied once a week or more, depending on your skin and skin care concerns. Both men and women can benefit significantly from using a mask.
Ensure to include a mask into your skin care regimen. Application takes a few (relaxing) minutes a day and your skin will go through a noticeable transformation!
LOOK YOUR BEST ON VALENTINE’S DAY
Cleanse your skin with Yungskin™ Face Wash. For a deeper clean, apply Yungskin™ Exfoliator to gently remove excess dead cells while addressing the skin’s pH balance with Yungskin™ Toner. Then apply Yungskin™ Hydrating Face Mask (you can also leave on overnight). Lock in moisture with Yungskin™ Night Cream, while creating a flawless canvas for easy makeup application. After shower, moisturize your body with Yungskin™ Tissue oil which will improve skin softness, moisture levels and skin elasticity.
You’re ready to go!
Yungskin™ Hydrating Mask
Yungskin™ Hydrating Face Mask a deeply nourishing and moisturising face mask that will ensure a smooth complexion and reduce pore size, whilst lifting out fine lines and wrinkles and increasing firmness and elasticity. The mask will leave your skin hydrated and supple whilst combating inflammation.
- Kaoline Clay: remove impurities in the skin without drying the skin and causing irritation. Kaolin has toning and healing properties that will balance the skins pH level and sebum production.
- Jojoba Esters: best known for its moisturizing properties. It draws moisture to the skin and adds moisture without feeling greasy. It also helps the production of the acid mantle, balancing the pH that protects skin from harmful bacteria.
- Panthenol: A form of vitamin B5. Repair of skin damage, wound healing, reversal of cirritation and inflammation, super hydrating and moisturising, helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Aids in skin rejuvenation.
- Nicotinamide: Vitamin B3. Improve the appearance of enlarge pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness and a weakened surface. It reduces the damage environmental attack can cause and plays a role in helping skin repair signs of past damage. Suitable for all skin types and conditions.
Apply a thin layer of Hydrating Mask over the face and neck after exfoliation. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Continue with Yungskin Cream. The Yungskin Hydrating Mask can be applied twice a week.
– Jump back into your healthy daily skincare routine after the holidays –
The minute you return home after your summer holiday your skin starts to peel, your longed-for tan begins to look worse for wear and not even the best after-sun care can cope with the fallout. The truth is that every suntan is sun damage. Add that to the dehydrating effects of daily swimming in salt and chlorinated water, the skin-tightening dry air of an airplane cabin or air-conditioning in the car after long hours of traveling, and you have yourself a ‘derma-disaster-zone’.
Now is a good time to restore your skin to its former glory.
1. Dry skin
Dry skin is quite common after a long holiday and over-indulgences. The first thing you need to do is start drinking water to hydrate your skin from within. You can also add lemon.
2. Dull skin
Yes, you can get dull skin even after the most amazing time outdoors. Hydrate your skin from within by drinking water and don’t forget to exfoliate to scrub away dull and dead skin cells.
3. Spots or acne
Drink detox water to detoxify the body and give way to clear and radiant skin. Also try green tea which is a great detoxifying agent. Steam your face to remove gunk and bacteria from pores.
4. Reduce redness and inflammation
Eat anti-inflammatory foods like walnuts, broccoli and yogurt to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
7. Restore the sparkle in your eyes
Place 2 cotton rounds with Yungskin™ Toner on your eyes which will help with under-eye bags, dark circles and dullness in your eyes. Lack of sleep is a big contributor to panda-eyes.
YUNGSKIN™ RECOVERY PLAN
1. Yungskin™ Exfoliator helps remove to all dead skin cells while nourishing the skin with natural oils. The apricot seed powder contained in the product leaves you with a brighter complexion and soft, smooth refreshed skin.
2. Follow up with the Yungskin™ Purifying Mask to draw out toxins, fight holiday breakouts and achieve flawless complexion. Or repair any possible damage and rehydrate with our Yungskin™ Hydrating Face Mask.
3. Lock in moisture with Yungskin™ Even Skin Tone to care for sun damage, pigmentation, brown spots and discoloration.
4. Always apply Yungskin™ Sun Care SPF40 which has been approved by CANSA
Yungskin™ is suitable for all skin types.
Order online at www.yungskin.com; via [email protected]; from a Yungskin™ Agent near you or at selected Edgars stores. For more info and assistance please contact Zelanie via our website or e-mail us at [email protected]
Wishing you and your loved ones Happy New Year.
The year has almost come to an end and the holiday season is finally upon us! This is the perfect time for friends and family to come together and celebrate. Holidays are usually associated with a relaxed and pressure-free period; however, it also brings about stress to stay on top of everything amidst the hustle and bustle. A filled calendar of events often leads us to toss aside good habits, healthy diets, and our sleep patterns are often overlooked. The stress of the season can take a toll on our health as well.
The good news is that we can change the way we approach the celebrations and make sure that we are taking care of our needs during this period. The festive time is a time for giving. This year give to yourself first in order to be emotionally and physically satisfied to give to others. Brighten this holiday and everyday-life by making your health and safety a priority. Take the necessary steps to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy – ready to enjoy the holidays.
Eat well to avoid excessive weight gain
This is the time of year where it is easy to over-indulge. We find it easy to neglect healthy eating. Be mindful of the foods you eat and remember to think of quality over quantity. A few simple and easy tips to remember:
- Indulge in moderation and pick only foods that give you true enjoyment
- Limit foods that are high in fat, salt and sugar
- Incorporate fruits and veggies into each meal you prepare
- Avoid distracted eating when you’ll typically eat more than you think
- Bring a snack with you while holiday shopping
- Eat smaller meals instead of “saving yourself” for one huge buffet
- Be careful of liquid calories, including alcoholic beverages
Exercise is just as important during the holidays as any other time of the year. Make sure you move your body everyday by exercising or doing something you love. Go for walks with the family or play with your children outside. Think outside the gym and always look for new ways to get active. There are plenty of options to be active without necessarily going to the gym.
Stay hydrated and alcohol in moderation
Everyone knows the importance of hydration. Drink lots of water throughout the day to stay hydrated – your skin and metabolism will thank you. It is also important to remember that caffeine and alcohol dehydrates the body and excessive consumption may have unhealthy repercussions. The merriment of the December holidays could make you overindulge in alcohol. Be aware of your alcohol consumption and keep your safety as well as the safety of others in mind by not drinking and driving. Remember that your health and safety should be your priority this period, not just about having a good time.
Whether you are going down the block or halfway across the world, follow extra precautions. Adults should always use their seat belts and children should use a child safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt according to their height, weight, and age. When travelling long distances, give yourself plenty of time in the additional holiday traffic and stop to rest when you get tired. Also remember to pack and track all your medication needed when away for long periods and know how to contact your doctor when you are away and encounter a medical problem. Have a first-aid kit ready in case of an emergency and make sure you know where the closest ER is at your holiday destination.
Holidays can be a stressful time. You may still be working and feel the stress of managing your work duties along with additional commitments to your friends and family. You may feel the financial stress of gifts and the interpersonal stress of conflicts. Try to anticipate sources of stress and develop a plan to manage them. This may involve committing to fewer get-togethers or setting a tighter budget. Make a mind shift by prioritizing yourself and stressing less. Don’t feel guilty; you have to take care of yourself before you can take of others. One of the best ways to manage stress is to find support by connecting socially.
Get enough sleep
Between long flights and a desire to enjoy every moment of fun, the amount of rest and sleep you get can easily become a vacation casualty. These sleepless nights can cause several health and beauty related problems. No-one is a fan of puffy eyes and dark under-eye circles. If possible, grab a catnap in the afternoons, maybe following time spent at the pool or beach side. It’s a great way to unwind and get some much-needed rest.
Maintain proper hygiene
We get in touch of so many things that contain many unseen and harmful substances including bacteria. Remember these simple steps: wash hands and surfaces often, avoid cross-contamination, cook foods to proper temperatures and refrigerate promptly.
Take an active role to support those in need. Invite those colleagues or friends who are alone over the holidays to spend them with you. Volunteer and give to those less fortunate.
Take care of your social health
There’s a thing as social health, which is closely connected with mental health. Your social health encompasses your ability to form and maintain real interpersonal relationships with others. Reconnect with old friends, go on a date, meet with your family and try to get some new acquaintances. Take the time to do the things that make you happy.
Prepare your personal beauty-bag
Every time you go on holiday, make a list of essential beauty products that you will require for your trip. It is always good to have your beauty essentials with you while going out for a long vacation. Here are five holiday skincare tips to avoid skincare neglect:
- Cleanse your skin daily to minimise the effects of more exposure to outdoor elements like dust, pollution and other harmful elements
- Tone and moisturise daily to keep your skin refreshed and hydrated
- Exfoliate to unclog pores and protect your necessary glow
- Sunscreen is a good solution for all sun-related skin problems. Always apply a quality sunscreen on your face and body when out and about
- Don’t touch your face too often as it spreads bacteria and other harmful substances from your hands to your face and cause irritation
Easy summer makeup tips and tricks
When you’re on vacation, the last thing you want to spend time doing is applying and fixing your makeup. The key to easy, yet gorgeous makeup while traveling is to remember that less is more. Pack only the essentials and let your skin’s healthy glow shine through while on vacation. It might be all the makeup you need! Here are some tips on how to minimise make-up and still look good:
- Lip balm instead of lipstick will keep your lips moisturized and will not cause your lips to dry out and crack
- Waterproof makeup products are a life saver when your skin is more prone to sweating while being on holiday or when you are spending time in the pool or ocean
- Concealer effectively fade blemishes and can minimize the appearance of darker areas, fine lines and even dark circles under your eyes
- Translucent powder can provide a flawless look but be careful as it can make your skin drier during a flight. Rather wear it while going to party and other occasions. It is part of minimal make up that can enhance your over all look
- A cure for dark under-eye circles is to go for minimal eye makeup, avoid rubbing your eyes and getting enough sleep
We hope the above information and the skincare tips are helpful to you during this busy time of year, and that you’re able to stay healthy while enjoying time with friends and family. Wishing you and your loved ones Happy Holidays!