So many times, I would ask my clients to explain their skincare routine to me and I am shocked to find out how few people actually uses a toner. And then I ask them why they are not using a toners, most of the time they will say that they don’t really know what the purpose of toner is, unlike a face wash that cleans the skin and a moisturiser that moisturise the face.
Well, toners are just as important as any other product in your skincare routine!
Toners has a lot of functions to help keep your skin youthful looking and radiant.
- Washing your face alone does not always get rid off all the dirt, make-up and impurities. By using a toner, you can ensure your skin is squeaky clean.
- When you wash your face, you normally wash it with warm water. The heat will open your pores for the face wash to deeply penetrate the pore to clean it. Toner helps to close and contract the pores. If you don’t close your pores it becomes a gateway for free radicles and impurities to enter the skin and to cause things like breakouts, blackheads and premature ageing.
- Majority of facial cleaners has an alkaline pH, where the ideal skin pH should be around 5.5. This is where toners play such an important role. Toners rectify the skin’s pH to a slightly acidic which is necessary for healthy glowing skin and to fight of nasty bacteria and germs.
- Other benefits of toners are that they heal the skin, especially with acne prone skin, they hydrate and condition the skin, it calms irritated skin and provide an extra barrier against anti-oxidants.
Toner do’s and don’ts!
- Avoid alcohol-based toners at all cost. They will dry out the skin and will irritate sensitive skins.
- Don’t get confused between a toner and an astringent. Although astringent can be used on acne-prone skin, the long-term use of it will cause skin irritability and the overproduction of sebum.
- Avoid toners with high amounts of Salicylic Acid. This ingredient can play havoc on your skin’s pH and will cause redness, tightness, itchiness and stinging. High concentrations of Salicylic Acid will cause dryness and even mild chemical burns.
- Rather skip the synthetic fragrances and stick with the real thing. Synthetic fragrances can cause skin allergies and even headaches.
Yungskin Toner with a difference…
The Yungskin Toner contains natural vitamins and extracts to penetrate the skin and into the lymphatic system to increase cellular exchange and regeneration. The toning properties helps to close the pores to reduce the penetration of oxidants that cause premature ageing. It also helps to neutralize the skin’s pH and gentle conditions and hydrate the skin. The Yungskin Toner can be used on all skin types and will not leave the skin feeling overly tight or dry.
The natural geranium oil will not only keep the skin and muscle of the face firm and prevent sagging due to a loss of elasticity but will also effectively treat acne, dermatitis and other skin conditions. Grapefruit extract is a natural antioxidant rich in vitamin C that will help to balance sebum production and contains natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.